Introduction of HTML: Building Your Top Web Page
Introduction of HTML – The most popular computer language HTML that builds website content is not a programming language. It mainly happens to be a markup language that we can use to key in content on a website from scratch. Besides, it doesn’t require any license fee since it exists as an open standard.
The hypertext markup language HTML is used through many platforms due to no restrictions. Website creation using HTML has been made up of tags and elements. It also carries numerous styles of text that may appear on the web page like a paragraph, bulleted points, or an image.
Learn the basics of HTML tags – Introduction of HTML
We have come across the significance of the markup language in the web world so far. Despite that, HTML includes many elements that are utilized to give a brand-new appearance. It brings a great look to the blogs and web content where you manage the basics of HTML tags.
For instance, you can employ the markup code to perform text wrap, italicize the words, bigger or smaller font sizes, etc. You can just run it as a standard sentence in a paragraph using the paragraph tags.
Ex- <p>I am a content writer</p>
However, the HTML tags have always been mentioned in two tags such as an opening tag and a closing tag. Though they both look alike except for the forward slash /. There also has been a huge number of tags in which we shall read a few crucial html basic tags in the Introduction of HTML:
- Head tag- <head> describes the elements of the document or a web page.
- Title tag- <title> involves the HTML title that can be the name of a web page.
- Body tag- <body> body tag has the summary of the web content.
- Paragraph tag- <p> contains the paragraph texts.
- Heading tag- contains the heading of the particular page where <h1> happens to be the main tag and <h6> consists of the less important one.
- Formatting tags- emphasis tag <em> emphasizes the content form to a greater extent. Bold tag <b> makes the text bold, italicize <i> turns them to the italicized font, and the underline <u> just does the underline job under the specified word or sentence.
- Link tag- <a> will link the word or image to another page from the current one.
- List tag- <li> Organises the content as lists such as an ordered list or an unordered list.
- Image tag- <img> used to insert an image file into the HTML document and also include the source name between the tags.
- Table tag- <table> produces a table of different records.
What are the fundamentals of the HTML structure?
The basic HTML structure here represents the usual structure of an online web page. Likewise, website creation using HTML is anybody’s structure even has a page type or doc type, head, title, body-like headings, subheadings, paragraphs, images, and so on.
- Document type – the very first thing in a static web page or dynamic page brings out the doctype. It seems quite essential to let the computer know about the HTML-type document to work on.
- <html> – This arises as the next big thing in an HTML document and the most basic feature. All the other HTML tags starting from the head tag to the last body tag follow that except for the doctype.
- <head> – The head tag defines the metadata, the most vital aspect of the page that delivers authorization. It mostly says all about the information on the document.
- <title> – Include the web page title that has been visible in the title of the browser to all users.
- <body> – The body tag presents the major content form like headings and paragraphs. Images, or even tables etc.,
How to create a simple webpage?
We have learned all about the Introduction of HTML like some of the basic operations of the HTML tag and structure so we shall put it to use. Similarly, you can also apply the popular WordPress web page builder in no time. WordPress takes more than half of the web world of content in its palms.
Even so, it won’t be hard to make our page on the World Wide Web right from the beginning. Let us start by developing your web page on a laptop or desktop computer. I am sure it would be easier this way even though there may be other options for web page development.
- Open a text document- Initially, you need to open your computer and open the text document by right-clicking the cursor on it. It becomes appropriate to use the normal notepad or text editor for the HTML coding rather than a word processor.
- Write your HTML skeleton- it would be the best time now to bring in all the HTML codes that you may have read before. Likewise, it contains all the tags and structures like title, metadata, real content, and data type. You can also write any code the same as the one mentioned below.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>A Simple Web Page!</title> </head> <body> <h1>Hi everyone, GoodDay!</h1> </body> </html>
- Save your file- The next step will be to store your file in an html extension along with .html ex-samplepage.html. Avoid using any spaces or special characters in the name. Remember to save the file before you exit else it would be lost. You can save the file location once you are done saving without fail.
- Open your web page in your Google Chrome browser or any other browser- To do this, you can just open your browser and click on the menu. You can then open the file menu and select the particular html file in the browser. It opens a fresh form of a straightforward web page for you on the internet.
Who created HTML?
Tim Berners Lee became the father of the most substantial computer language HTML. He also discovered the code while he was into the www invention. Hence one could say that HTML and websites go hand in hand.
Why do we need a markup language like HTML?
HTML is a crucial factor when it comes to website structure and design. It should be the one that shows the way for browsers to deliver what users need online. Not only that but also you can create a more meticulous website with the vast knowledge of HTML.
What are the Major features of HTML?
- A straightforward language that comes in handy so that we can easily comprehend.
- A simple fix for an eye-catching website or a web page with the aid of all the formatting tags available.
- One can design the text and the web pages in depth due to their flexibility.